Mission: “To perpetuate the memory and spirit and keep alive the ideals and traditions of St. James Catholic High School. And secondly, “To support and promote Catholic education within the Archdiocese of Philadelphia.”
Motto: “Quae Sursum Quaerite” – “Seek Those Things Which Are Above”
We are a 501 (c) (3) non-profit charitable organization registered with the Internal Revenue Service EIN # 23-2741166 and the Pennsylvania Bureau of Charitable Organizations Reg. # 20142 and a registered participant with the Pennsylvania E.I.T.C. (Educational Improvement Tax Credit) program.
President – Michael R. Ritz ’71
Vice President – James E. Connor ’63
V.P. Choir Affairs – Louis A. Robinson ‘68
Treasurer – James E. Robinson ‘66
Secretary – Joseph S. McNeill ‘91
Executive Director – Judy Keenan +(St. James CHS Secretary 1976 – 1993)
Chaplin – Reverend Charles R. O’Hara ‘59
Asst. Chaplin – Reverend Msgr. John M. Savinski ‘62
Hall Coordinator – John Mooney ‘50
Location and contact info
1499 E. 9th St.
Eddystone, PA 19022
Phone: (610) 876-2006
Fax: (610) 876-1324
Facebook: Click here
Since 1993 and with the awarding of our scholarships for the 2022 – 2023 academic school year, the St. James Alumni Association has awarded over 1.5 million dollars ($1,538,800.00) in tuition assistance to deserving young men and women pursuing a quality Catholic education.
We are currently supporting 40 students with partial four-year scholarships at local Philadelphia Archdiocesan High Schools. In addition, the Alumni Association has provided financial support and services to many other charitable organizations throughout our community, including, The Salvation Army, The IHM, Bernadine, St. Francis, and Missionaries of Charity Sisters, Marianists brothers and priests, Catholic Social Services, (Chester) St. Charles Borromeo Seminary, and the American Red Cross.
Our choir, “The Blue and Gray Voices” was also named “Outstanding Fraternal Organization” in 2011 by the Philadelphia St. Patrick’s Day Parade Committee. And in 2012, the Alumni Association received an Apostolic Blessing from His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI in recognition of our support for Catholic Schools. We were also honored in 2012 by having one of the newly formed regional Elementary Schools here in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia named in our honor, St. James Regional Catholic School where our Executive Board serves on the Board of Limited Jurisdiction. In 2015, the Alumni Association was inducted into The Foundation for Catholic Education Hall of Fame and has received numerous commendations from both the State and Local Governments in recognition of our charitable work. The Alumni Association meetings are held the second Monday of each month from September to June at 7:30 pm at The Doghouse, preceded by the reciting of the Rosary at 6:15 and Mass at 6:30 in the Alumni Chapel and all members are welcome to attend.